Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Garage, the Switch and the Two Year Old


If there was another author by the name of Lewis, the Garage door opener would of been some outrageous gateway where Charlotte and I get to grow up and play with swords. Reality today was an early am trip to Home Depot, replacing garage door openers and dancing to live music at the Farmer's Market. As Charlotte picked up a piece of pizza and started swaying to an accordionversion of Pink Floyd, I realized without an i-phone, digital camera, and or a ipod that moment was mine alone to enjoy, no way to let everyone know with a quick shot and upload to FB.

That tension to share and be externally connected versus reveling in the moment, being present with everything and everyone around you increasingly draws my focus. After many days reviewing my personal brand with Bonnie and Melissa, the distillation reads like this:

Now his vocation is sharing his passion for global exploration of cultural and mountain landscapes and believes in building community through shared experiences of immersion in raw nature, which offers the one of best teaching environments.


There is more yet the essence it right there, which brings me back to that tension, without the shared experience can that really express why I do what I do? Another reality check came from a google alert(Sauron's Eye?) letting me know when my name appears on a website on a profile website called zoominfo. I clicked on the link and I saw fragments of a few jobs I previously held, my university degree and a professional membership. It actually asked me if I wanted to claim this profile, did that just imply anyone could of claimed that profile? I did not set it up, it was information swept up by this site found around the web, so I claimed it to avoid having my personal brand taken out of my hands.


I will claim the domain for my BGI beat, Travel Sustainably as it is a passion of mine and fits into my Marketing and Entrepreneurship projects. I am still figuring out my blog peers, which keeps me engaged with topics to write about as each new peer inspires new ideas. I feel a little closer to claiming my professional brand through this blog, my company, BC Adventure Guides and the company blog.

My question to the BGI peeps, does my brand reflect who you know and see, if not where does my branding need to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment